Luxury accommodation is amongst the finest and is considered to be boutique hotels or hotels with four or five star rating, as well as some of the hotels near beaches or resorts. And it’s a type of accommodation that usually caters to people whose pockets are deep enough, and even sometimes for those who are viewed as experienced and demanding travellers.
To know if the hotel you’ve checked into is of a luxury standard, here are a few pointers that Travel Experts and Hospitality Gurus say defines a luxury accommodation in service, in room and in dining.
- Fast, easy and discreet checking in and out.
- Luggage should take no more than 10 minutes to arrive in your room.
- A room that has all of the trimmings and enhanced features of a room safe, and an effective and reasonably quiet heating and aircon that you can control.
- Bathrooms with a ventilation source, even a fan, his and hers sinks, a partitioned john, pristine or artisan toiletries and counters that are marble or tile.
- In regards to hospitality luxury hotel guests should get the feeling that they’re known or valued therefore hotel personnel should greet guests with a smile at every encounter and should discreetly greet by name.
- Room service should be available 24 hours, and the hotel should offer its guests a place where they can eat and ideally another place to drink.
- Amenities should include a packing and unpacking service, a social lobby area away from the entrance with couches, wifi and bar and concierge services.
- Complimentary touches at no charge should include bottled water and coffee in the room, morning coffees served in the lobby and local phone call service, when you might not use your mobile.
South Africa (SA) features some of the most exclusive and luxurious five star hotels where discerning guests can expect the highest standards of international hospitality in regards to the provided services and facilities.
Some of the best luxury hotels in SA include:
- Palace of the Lost City Hotel, Sun City Resort (North West Province)
- Cape Grace Hotel, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront / Cape Town (Western Cape)
- Michelangelo Hotel, Sandton / Johannesburg (Gauteng)
- Oyster Box Hotel, Umhlanga / Durban (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, Camps Bay / Cape Town (Western Cape)
- Fairmont Zimbali Resort, Ballito / Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).