Clarens is the adventure capital.
The small town in the Eastern Free State is not only the place to be if you need some calm in your life, and a retreat from the city chaos. The tranquil area is also a hub for adrenaline junkies who are looking for sport and activity best suited out in the beautiful landscapes of this ‘jewel’.
Clarens activities of the town’s art scene that’s one to behold, historical tours and landmarks that form part of the town’s over 100 years of rich history, which also includes Archeology when you go on a fossil safari and discover about people who lived during the Iron Age period.
There’s camping, set up camp near the blessings that Mother Nature has bestowed on Clarens of rivers, dams and mountain areas, it’s a chance to thoroughly enjoy the outside.
Then there’s also those adventure Clarens activities that the town is best known for of horse riding in the town’s mountainous landscape and water sports of river rafting or trout fishing. It’s also a chance to be free to explore your other talents of maybe photography when you go explore on a game drive and the Free States landscape of the Maloti Mountains or Rooiberge are great subjects to capture too.
And if you’re in the town and you really don’t know which activities to do TripAdvisor’s list of the Top 10 things to do in Clarens might inspire you.
The list is based on the feedback of Clarens activities travellers love most.
- Clarens Wellness Day Spa for a day of pampering
- Clarens Xtreme Private Tours for adventure seekers
- You can golf at Clarens Golf and Trout Estate another activity the town is known for
- Tobias Art for one of a kind, quaint Free State merchandise
- Maluti Day tours for a day trip to Lesotho
- Specialty and gift shopping at the The Ugly Duckling
- Visit Anja and Friends for a classy shopping experience
- Shop at Monsoon Moon a crafty store
- Pop into Friends Restaurant and Pub for an experience of small town nightlife
- Or allow to be pampered at the Body Bliss Day Spa
[notification type=”attention”]And what’s your opinion do you agree with the list or do you have your own Clarens activities to add? Please share as we’d love to hear from you[/notification]